LEARN MATSYASANA (FISH POSE) for beginners, it’s health benefits & breathing patterns from our yoga expert.
Matsyasana is one of the beginners yoga pose inbuilt with lot of health benefits. Another name of this yoga pose is Fish Pose. What that means Fish in a pond eats every dirty and clean the water. Likewise, Matsyasana purifies our blood and keeps us healthy. So it is called as Fish Pose.
Benefits of Fish Pose:
1. Stretches your deep hip flexors and intercostals (muscles between the ribs)
2. Relieves tension in your neck, throat, and shoulders
3. Stretches and tones the front of your neck and your abdominals
4. Stretches and stimulates the organs of your belly and throat
5. Strengthens your upper back and the back of your neck
6. Relieves stress and irritation
7. Improves posture
1. Therapeutic for rounded-shoulders, asthma, spasms in the bronchial tubes, and other respiratory issues
2. Spinal Cord and back muscle tissues gets refreshed.
3. It helps to cure asthma and respiratory disorders.
4. Headache caused by stiffness of neck can be cured easily.
5. Practicing this yoga pose regularly helps to cure impotency.
6. It is an alternate yoga pose for sarvangasana.
7. Stiffness caused by the practice of sarvangasana and halasana can be warded off by practicing matsyasana.
8. It helps to stop bleeding hemorrhoids.
9. Practicing this yoga pose with drink water early morning helps to relieve from constipation.
10. If a person suffers neck pain lumbago and spondylosis practice this pose daily using pillows, their pains and agony get suppressed and disappear. This Yoga pose is equal to traction therapy.
this pose is highly recommended for professional bloggers, IT field people, official workers, persons who travel a long distance in motor cycle or bus. These people may suffer from forward neck pain. This pain can be cured temporarily by taking tablets and ailments. But practicing matsyasana relieves the pain forever.
11. Because of deep breathing lungs get strengthened.
12. Insomnia being eradicates. That results in good normal or deep sleep.
13. It helps to shed away diseases such as seizure, leprosy and skin diseases.
14. It helps to reduce thigh and belly fat.
15. This asana is one of the basic poses performed under the beginners yoga series. Watch the beginners yoga sequence @
For more videos on Hatha Yoga subscribe to